Thursday, February 17, 2011

PassnItOn Blog, Website, Web Presence, Come Follow Me


Hello everyone, and Welcome to PassnItOn! Glad to have you here, and glad to be able to share with you what I have been working on the past few days, and at times pulling my hair a little bit too. 

Yes, I do have a project I am working on to finish for the store, and got some other creative ideas I am working with too. I am finishing up making a cloche right now. I have found a glass bowl that I am adding my own cloche handle to it by decorating it with some simple lace, and flowers. I have a plate that it nicely sits into making this a cloche with the dish too. Pieces are all in great shape, and look almost new too. Hope to have that done next couple of days to show all of you:)

Ok, what I have been steadily working on are my blogs, but mostly websites for this store, and for the other store I have had for much longer than this. Yesterday I was working on my website for this venue when my grand daughter got on my lap, and bumped the keyboard, and not sure what happened from there. Thought I had the issue fixed last night, and finally walked away from it, but found earlier this afternoon was not fully fixed. So, I have removed everything, and trying to get back to the beginning to start it all over again. Hopefully I can fix it as it was looking so good too. 

I have decided I sell with different venues, some market places I am signed with, but do not do much with them anymore. It's hard to find a place to call home that is agreeable for what I do, what I sell, and to work with what my needs are. So, a long time ago I had read a blog about a woman, and her husband who had moved from their long time home in CA to Ohio I think it was. They moved their business there, and it was doing well. But, like all of us we are always looking for more ways to get our names out there, show our business, and do it as cost efficiently as possible too. Let's face it, things cost to do. Having your own website can cost with hosting, domains, shopping carts, if you pay someone to design it, and so on. 

Anyway, this woman had proposed the idea of how you could bring yourself out by having a blog, and a website, and do it almost for little to nothing cost. She felt it could still work, and was going to work on it to show it could too. The last I knew of she was showing progress with her ideas, and I was happy for her. The idea she had of this had always stuck with me. So, you research, read, see what others are reporting, work on your own venues in between all of this, and keep trying to put it together. 

Well, as of today I think I seen a light that is starting to make sense, and is actually coming together for me. So far, biggest cost has been having my domains with GoDaddy. I have a .com for PassnItOn which leads to my blog here, and I also have a .com for my other name of LilacsNDreams which also leads to my blog. I got a special that I took for 2 years with LilacsNDreams, since PassnItOn is new I have taken a domain for 1 year here, and when I visited GoDaddy today with a goal in mind I got my .net for LilacsNDreams at $9.99 for the year. I haven't even spent $50 yet, and have been setting up websites with google sites, weebly, and using my blogs. What a deal, huh?

What I have decided to do is keep everything pretty much between 2-3 sites for everyone to follow. Much easier to remember, easier to find, and with all the sites I am working on there will always be clickable links that take you to the market places you would like to visit where I am selling, and to also visit other sellers too. And, I will also have the links for both of my store names between the sites too. So, if I ever decide to move from a market place, slow down with sales at one and focus with another venue, instead of trying to keep up with where I move to it, and follow me to the the venue, it will be noted between my blogs, and websites. 

So, I like to think I will only be a "click away", and hoping it will be more convenient for the customers, friends, those who follow me, and etc. Right now for this store name I have this blog, a website I am working with and reconstructing after yesterday, but do have another website I have found that I rather like too which is at weebly, and is coming along nicely too. So, if you feel the need to visit one of the websites, or my blog all the info will be noted with those places. With my blog here you will see on the right side bar clickable links to these places. With these places you will find links, pictures, and which venue the pictures are for that the item is listed with. So, instead of roaming through many different stores looking, you can visit my blog, or websites to get your ideas before visiting me, and don't forget all the other wonderful sellers that have their wonderful listings too.

I do apologize if this sounds a bit confusing. I am excited, and after working on things for a while, not being computer technie, and trying to understand things when I seen a light, and felt it coming together I got excited:) I hope I can do what I am planning, and have been planning. It all takes time, a lot of work, a lot of devotion, and I am fortunate to be able to be home to do all of this. Please bear with me, and I will keep you updated as things move along here. Thank you for your patience, understanding, following me, and visiting with me. Thanks for visiting, and drop by anytime to see what is happening next. Always welcome to ask questions, leave a comment, share, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment