Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thrifting Repurposing Home Decor With Artfire

Hello, and Welcome to Second Time Treasures! Glad to see you, and happy you could stop to visit with us today. 

Whew! Where has the time gone, right? Christmas is a little over 3 weeks away...everyone ready? Not Me! Usually by this time decorations have been put up outside, in the windows, inside the home, around the garage, and so on. I also have done all the Christmas cards, and gotten them sent out by now too. Not this year! Different time for us here with things happening. The farm we live on we have been here for over 3 years now. The landlord has been wanting to do things with the place. Last year the house, the garage, the big stable barn, and all the other sheds got tin roofs put on. This year, very late in the year with the contractors, but all the siding has been ripped off of the house and garage. New siding is on the garage with a new entry door too. The house has had a hole cut in the living room wall with 2 new windows put in, a window in spare room upstairs was replaced with just some flex glass, the other window has been removed now - this room will be the upstairs bathroom being added, the door in our bedroom was taken off and that is being closed off too. A wooden porch is being added up front facing the road, and a little bit bigger porch is being added to the main entrance door. Oh, yes, there is a new entry door with the house too. Now...considering the weather with a light snow, and cold they have slowly been working on putting insulation back on the house with the siding. Part of the down stairs is done, with the upstairs to be worked on yet too. The transformation is amazing!

Unfortunately, with all of this happening our home is in a shambles right now. Furniture pulled away from some of the walls with the window replacements, and the upstairs spare room has been combined into another room with items. So, my lace, my ribbons, my beads, my scrapbook paper, paints, and all crafty things are here there, and you know. I have lost my extra room to work with some things since rooms have been combined to make room for things, and of course items coming off all the outer walls with all the banging, and pounding. I feel like I am at a loss staring at a messy home. I want to work on things, but it is kind of hard to do so. The most I have accomplished is gluing some holders as pedestals to some plates making a cake plate stand, and a 2 tier cake plate stand. Another reason I have been kind of absent from here, and not able to show too much of anything. You can visit Artfire to see some of the things I have gotten done, added for sale there, and to watch for more coming that I was able to get pictured....even that task is a challenge now:) I got about 3 other things listed the other night, and hope to get another 1-2 done tonight too. A 2 tier cake plate made from a vintage dinner plate, and a glass cloche that has been repurposed by me also. 

You are more than welcome to visit with my store to see what goodies are being offered. Bear with me as I am working on filling the store back up. I did have a customer buy both my federal glass dishes I had repurposed, and is enjoying them very very much!:) Those can be viewed in my Gallery. Thanks so much for visiting with me, and bearing through all the changes right now. Thinking of everyone, and hoping ya'll are better prepared for the Holidays than what I am this year. Take care, and come back to see me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment